Hyundai Officially Opens €1 Billion Manufacturing Plant in Nošovice, Czech Republic - VIDEO ENHANCED


PHOTO (select to view enlarged photo)


• €1 billion investment
• 300,000 units per year and 11,000 jobs by 2011


Nošovice, Czech Republic - September 24, 2009: Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea’s largest automaker, officially opened its €1 billion manufacturing plant in Nošovice, Czech Republic, yesterday.

PHOTO (select to view enlarged photo)

With mass production having started in November last year, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech (HMMC), a fully-owned subsidiary of Seoul-based Hyundai Motor Co., has the current capacity to build 200,000 vehicles annually, which will be increased by 100,000 to reach 300,000 units per year in 2011.


Click PLAY to watch video
object width="400" height="326">

The first vehicle to be produced was the award-winning i30 C-class five-door hatchback, and was joined by its sister model, the i30cw (estate wagon), in February of this year. The third model to be built by HMMC will be the Kia Venga, a B-segment MPV, production of which will start in the last quarter of 2009, while a fourth model will be added in 2011, when production capacity will be increased to 300,00 units per annum in a three shift operation.

With the completion of the Czech factory, Hyundai Motor now has a production foothold in all major markets, including the USA, China, India and Turkey. This global production network will enable the company to supply top-quality vehicles to customers around the world more quickly and efficiently.

“With our global production system, we will continue to focus on providing the highest quality vehicles, the most important principle of our management philosophy. Our goal is, and always has been, to become one of the world’s leading automotive companies” said Hyundai Motor Co. Vice Chairman Euisun Chung at the opening ceremony today.

“The Nosovice plant does have a very vital role to play in realizing our global goals. So we will carefully nurture this new plant to make it an exemplary facility within the global automotive industry” he continued.

Production of the i30 hatchback and wagon, both designed at Hyundai’s European Design and Technical Center in Russelsheim, Germany, recently hit 80’000 units since November of last year. Approximately 90 percent of the models rolling out of the Nošovice plant are sold in Europe, while the remaining 10 percent are exported to the Middle East and Africa.

Fulfilling Hyundai’s promise to provide a significant impetus to the growth and development of the Czech economy, 2,000 new jobs have been directly created at the new plant. At the supplier level, a further 4,000 jobs have been created, taking the total number of associated employment to 6,000. By 2011, the company plans to extend its number of direct and indirect employees to 3,500 and 7,500, respectively, creating 11,000 jobs in total.

Home | Buyers Guides By Make | New Car Buyers Guide | Used Car Super Search | Total New Car Costs | New Car and Truck Reviews
Automotive News | TACH-TV | Media Library | Discount Auto Parts

Copyright © 1996-2014 The Auto Channel. Contact Information, Credits, and Terms of Use. These following titles and media identification are Trademarks owned by The Auto Channel, LLC and have been in continuous use since 1987 : The Auto Channel, Auto Channel and TACH all have been in continuous use world wide since 1987, in Print, TV, Radio, Home Video, Newsletters, On-line, and other interactive media; all rights are reserved and infringement will be acted upon with force.

Privacy Statement | Size Does Matter | Media Kit | Affiliates

Send your questions, comments, and suggestions to Editor-in-Chief@theautochannel.com.

Submit Company releases or Product News stories to submit@theautochannel.com.
Place copy in body of email, NO attachments please.

To report errors and other problems with this page, please use this form.

Link to this page: http://www.theautochannel.com/